CAREER OPPORTUNITY – Estimator
Job Title: Estimator
Location: Aspen, CO
Centaur is a Chicago-based construction company with services including Pre-Construction, Construction Consulting, Owner’s Representation, Design-Build Contracting, Construction Management, General Contracting, Project Recovery Services, Real Estate Development and Asset Management.
The Estimator is responsible for accurately calculating project costs to ensure profitability by preparing budgets, estimates and pre-bid packages during the preconstruction phase.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Reviews construction documents and understands scope of work to bid.
- Executes take-offs of construction documents.
- Inputs take-offs into computer spreadsheet.
- Obtains pricing for materials.
- Obtains bids from subcontractors.
- Prepares cost analysis in computer by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items.
- Where predetermined standards are not available, makes an estimate.
- Looks for inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items or computer database.
- Communicates with the design team and owner as necessary during the preconstruction process.
Secondary Job Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Attends departmental meetings and company meetings as required.
- Minimum of three years of estimating experience, some field or project management experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, architecture or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of clients or employees.
- Proficiency with estimating or spreadsheet software as well as word processing software.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. Also, on a project site the environment is occasionally loud.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com