CAREER OPPORTUNITY – PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR
Job Title: Project Administrator
Location: Chicago, IL
Centaur is a Chicago-based construction company with services including Pre-Construction, Construction Consulting, Owner’s Representation, Design-Build Contracting, Construction Management, General Contracting, Project Recovery Services, Real Estate Development and Asset Management.
The Project Administrator’s role is to provide support to various project teams, reporting directly to the Project Manager. The Project Administrator is accountable for monitoring the progress of the projects, investigating variances, inputting expenses, and ensuring that project billings are issued to customers and payments are collected in a timely manner.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Perform administrative duties, focusing on document control.
- Assist in entering and maintaining change order documentation.
- Prepare monthly pay requests (billings).
- Review and track waivers, affidavits and collections.
- Record open payables in accounting software.
- Assist in job closeout process.
- Manage subcontractor payment distribution.
Secondary Job Responsibilities
- Participate in monthly financial project meetings.
- Obtain and manage subcontractor insurance requirements.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 2-5 years of accounting experience, specifically in the construction industry.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent technical skills with standard software: Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, Word, Outlook) and Construction/Architectural Software (Viewpoint).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, fax machines and filing cabinets.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org