CAREER OPPORTUNITY – PROJECT MANAGER
Job Title: PROJECT MANAGER
Location: Chicago, IL
Centaur is a Chicago-based construction company with services including Pre-Construction, Construction Consulting, Owner’s Representation, Design-Build Contracting, Construction Management, General Contracting, Project Recovery Services, Real Estate Development and Asset Management.
We are recognized for exceptional results with our projects in Specialty New Construction, Historic Renovation, Hotels, Retails, Interiors and High-End Residential Construction. Centaur’s meticulous attention to detail has enabled us to pursue relationships and partner with world-class architects, designers and developers who specialize in the custom design / development marketplace. We align ourselves with partnerships around the world with a similar approach toward excellence for the process and finished product. Our ability to plan through challenges and forecast obstacles has set us apart from the standards commonly found within the construction industry. Our unique operational structure and management style allows Centaur to efficiently navigate through all stages of the construction process incorporating a specific focus on logistics and advanced scheduling. These are essential to achieve the most aggressive schedule possible while delivering the quality product our clients have grown to expect from Centaur.
The Project Manager is responsible to assess, plan, implement, coordinate, monitor and evaluate every stage of the work on a project, from pre-construction to project completion. The Project Manager’s work is characterized by regular communication and resource management to ensure timeliness, cost-effectiveness and overall quality.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work directly with superintendents and foremen
- Establish project objectives within the boundaries of company policy and contract specifications
- Initiate and maintain liaison with owners and other contacts to facilitate project activities
- Monitor and control project through administrative direction of on-site labor to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget
- Represent company in project meetings
- Create and maintain reports concerning work progress, cost and scheduling
- Interpret plans and contract documents to administrative staff, subcontractors and clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Project Management, Engineering or other related degree
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in an Architecture, General Contracting or other relative industry
- OSHA 30 Certified
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of administration, management, building construction materials and tools/machines
- Ability to coordinate own and others’ actions, time and resources
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical settings such as our Chicago office, Colorado office, construction site and client meetings
Please send your resume to email@example.com