CAREER OPPORTUNITY – Superintendent
Job Title: Superintendent
Location: Aspen, CO
Centaur is a Chicago-based construction company with services including Pre-Construction, Construction Consulting, Owner’s Representation, Design-Build Contracting, Construction Management, General Contracting, Project Recovery Services, Real Estate Development and Asset Management.
The Superintendent is responsible for overseeing the day to day onsite operations of the project; Directing and coordinating activities concerned with the construction process. Participates in the conceptual development of a construction project and supervises its organization, scheduling and implementation as part of the project management team.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for opening the jobsite at the beginning of the day and securing at the end of the day; Remains on site constantly.
- Understands and ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and city regulations and safety regulations.
- Provides supervision to all subcontractors, consultants, vendors and staff on a daily basis.
- Coordinates schedules of staff and other interested parties.
- Establishes and maintains liaison as required with field employees & subcontractors to adhere to construction schedule.
- Provides skilled technical and management advice when needed to subcontractors.
- Facilitates and troubleshoots the myriad of problems associated with developing complex systems or with coordinating and development, design, right of acquisition and construction.
- Ensure the work being performed in the field accurately aligns with contract and/or revised scope.
Secondary Job Responsibilities
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
- Create and maintain Purchase Orders, Daily Reports and Expense Reports.
- Create and maintain signed contracts from all subcontractors and vendors.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- High School diploma/GED or 5-10 years of related experience with a comprehensive understanding in all divisions of work, methods, materials, scheduling and cost control.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent technical skills with standard software: Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, Word, Outlook) and Construction/Architectural Software.
- Ability to read detailed blueprints.
- Must have OSHA-30 Certification and valid driver’s license.
- Must have the ability to obtain the IBC 2015 GC Certification.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Much time is spent in an office environment, typically at a jobsite. Employee must have endurance and ability to visit entire jobsite.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is regularly performed in outside weather conditions, including rain and extreme heat or cold. Exposure to construction machinery is frequent. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock or vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org