8 – REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT & ASSET MANAGEMENT
Real Estate Development & Asset Management begin with discovering and understanding the future Property Owner’s goals and objectives for the improvement of a parcel of land or existing building. The Project Team conducts market research, site selection analysis and feasibility analysis on behalf of the future Owner. These critical first steps determine highest and best use of the potential asset.
For Real Estate Development, a systematic process follows the initial discovery results and includes:
- Providing a detailed preliminary pro forma to determine the financial viability and return on investment potential based on market comparables and estimated costs
- Assisting the Owner in developing all aspects of the project using Centaur’s budget- plan-design-build project-delivery method
- Refining the pro forma
- Obtaining entitlements, permits, special use tax incentives and governmental or regulatory agencies requirements to provide seamless procurement
- Requesting proposals from all pre-qualified consultants and design professionals that delineate the services and proposed program requirements
- Assisting with the selection and negotiation of all design professionals, consultants and contractors
- Establishing the necessary planning, scheduling and project protocol and managing the entire process
- Preparing the budget and, in conjunction with design development, monitoring the design compliance
- Pre-qualifying contractors and soliciting bids for the design
- Receiving and evaluating bids and awarding those recommended
- Providing advice to the Owner in every aspect of the construction process
- Preparing construction payment applications, and review and approval of all requests for project obligations
- Controlling and managing the change order process to assure best value
- Monitoring the construction process through final completion including verification of all raining, operation manuals and turnover documents by the contractors prior to approval of final payment.
For Asset Management, all aspects of managing real estate and meeting results and includes:
- Acting as the liaison between the landlord and tenants
- Managing tenant relations including lease negotiations
- Fulfilling the duties of property management such as creating and managing the property budget, accepting rent, responding to and addressing maintenance issues, advertising for vacancies and conducting credit/background checks on tenants
- Managing the repair and maintenance of the property
- Staying current with the applicable municipal, county and state laws and practices regarding landlord/tenant law
- Assisting with evictions, non-payments, harassment, reduction of pre-arranged services and public nuisances.